Let’s start the new edition of #hacklamode contest!
Find below all the details regarding this international sewing contest, and more information regarding our Lolita tutorial.
First, please welcome Lolita, our sewing tutorial to customize & hack as much as you want for the contest, depending on your level. A light and flowing dress, with a belt and sweet details on her shoulders.
All about Lolita:
- The files to download contains everything you need to know to make this dress: recommended fabrics, haberdashery, and the instruction booklet to guide you through steps.
How to participate to the associated contest?
You have until the 05th of May 2019 to download and make your version of Lolita.
You will be rewarded for : the pattern hackers, but also the ones who will decide to play with different fabrics, the ones who will have a nice & fun direction in way the photo/video is made to participate. In a few words, we will reward Creativity!
Here are the awards:
- Best choice/use of fabrics – 1 winner
- Best pattern hack – 1 winner
- Best direction (photo, video) – 3 winners (this category is perfect for beginners :-))
- Public prize (thanks to a voting system) – 1 winner
- And… The Grand Prix ! – 1 winner
You can participate several times, however we will only accept one media for each version of your dress.
To submit your participation
1 / Publish the photo/video on your Instagram or Facebook account using the hashtag #hacklamode and #LolitaLAP (do not forget the hashtags!) If you want to participate via these networks;
2 / Be careful of turning your account into « public mode »
3/ You can also send us your creation by email youhou at louisantoinette.com
Here is a good example of the kind of photo collage you can make to publish you version in just one photo, so that the jury can clearly see all the work you made:
You can use Layout from Instagram to create this collage.
Selection of the finalists
- 6 finalists will be selected by Louis Antoinette team for those 3 categories: Best fabrics combination, best pattern hack & best direction. This gives us a total of 18 finalists. One winner only for each category, the jury will decide who deserves to win. Excepted for the category « best direction », 3 of you will be rewarded!
- Then comes the Grand Prix! The final winner will be chosen among those 18 finalists
You will be allowed to win one of their sewing machine worth 450€.
The french brand of fabrics in Montmartre!
The iconic brand of embroidery
The online shop of fabrics from New Zeland 🙂
The place dedicated to ecogical fabrics in Paris
We also have three awesome sewing bees who accepted to be part of the adventure :
Anne-Charlotte from the blog Le Bazar D’Anne-Charlotte, we made the #AnneCharlotteLAP pattern with her!
Valentine de Happy as a Bee queen of DIY !
€ 1,600 gifts !
Our partners will cover you with more € 1,600 gifts to be distributed*!
Let’s begin with the Grand Jury Prize!
This year, the winner will receive vouchers worth € 812,90, divided as follows:
> 1 sewing machine Singer Madam 5 worth 449€
> 1 coffret Mouliné Etoile DMC France worth 53.90€
> 2 sewing lessons « sky is the limit » at La Textilerie, worth 70€ https://latextilerie.fr/
> 1 voucher wotrh 120€ available on https://thefabricstoreonline.com/
> 1 voucher worth 70€ from www.les-coupons-de-saint-pierre.fr
> 1 voucher worth 50€ on the site www.louisantoinette.com
Winners of the other 4 categories each win vouchers worth a total of € 141,50:
> Accessories for sewing machine by Singer, worth 40€
> A 30€ voucher on the website https://thefabricstoreonline.com/
> A 30€ voucher on the website www.louisantoinette.com
> A 15€ voucher on the website www.les-coupons-de-saint-pierre.fr
> A 15€ voucher on the sewing lessons at La Textilerie in Paris www.latextilerie.fr
> An embroidery kit from DMC France coton perlé motif « Bicyclette », worth 11,50€
Don’t hesitate to comment if you have any question !
*The prizes can depend on the country where you live.